11.05.2006

What a Good Boy

We went to see the Barenaked Ladies on Saturday night. They are one of the few bands that I haven't outgrown or gotten tired of (see: R.E.M.).

C and I have a little history with them. We went to a free radio station concert in 1996 that they played at. Back then, he and I weren't dating, we were still just good friends. But the concert felt like such a date. First of all, the friends we went with ended up having tickets in another row, all the way on the other side of the theater. Most importantly, the tickets required effort--C and A camped out for 4 hours (on a December night in Philadelphia, no less), and he opted to take me. Not sure if his intention was to try to win me over, but I suppose it worked. Saturday's show was the 5th that we've been to since we started dating.

2 comments:

xharlene said...

look what i found! what up fool??i love reading this. i love your updates. in spirit of writing, i'm going to continue my old fashioned mass mail to you guys!

how's dc??

btw, i might go to dc in december and have to talk to u about it.

polarama said...

ohohoh...yes, let's plan!