11.19.2006

Survivors


I didn't get a chance to get a picture of the gorgeous trays of cupcakes, all lovingly frosted and sprinkled before they gobbled up on Saturday night.

These two managed to survive the carnage and lived another day. Unfortunately, they were not seen after this photo was taken.

I was really excited about the cupcakes because I have a mental block when it comes to baking. I'm a very improvisational cook. I rarely follow recipes, or if I do, it's just for a general idea, then I wing it on my own. But you can't do that with baking, and I was nervous to put so much trust into a recipe. I know that's the point of a recipe, that it's a tried and tested method, but it makes me nervous, since it takes away any creativity. And I learned that not all recipes are good (see previous posts about the different golden cake recipes I tried), and I learned which ones I like and can be good at.

So I am excited to bake more, and maybe once I get comfy, I'll toss out the recipes and start improvising.

1 comment:

Soo said...

jenn, those cupcakes were so yummy! moist and fluffy. thanks so much! and i ate xiao haydn's cupcake. ;)