Working Our Nerves*
It's not that I have an unhealthy attachment to objects really, it's just that I like routine.
I HATE DISCONTINUATION.
On a selfish level, I really, really, really hate it when something gets yanked off the market. Especially when it's something I like/use often/enjoy eating/whatever.
From a business perspective, I understand how a company has to roll with the times, come up with new and improved products, and shelve the products that were not doing so well. But how do they know that it's really not doing well? How do they know that their die-hard fans won't go crazy when Beloved Product is no longer there?
Fashion can be fickle. But why do beverages or food products have to be? Or non-trendy, long-standing products? I loved stila's Nail Shimmers, and now they are gone. I really enjoyed Polly-O Lite String Cheese (and I'm sure many people who are on WW or dieting or whatever) and poof! they are gone. Woe is me.
At least give me some warning. Maybe there is some "To Be Discontinued Products" newsletter out there that I'm missing. If I knew something was being taken off market, I would go into full-on hoard mode. At least then I'd have a stockpile instead of sitting here wishing I had some Lite String Cheese to snack on.
*Eagle-eyed readers may recognize this, and many of my other headings from a long-deceased cultural icon that was a big part of my Formative Years. *Sigh*..and that lovely mag had to go away too. Damn.
No comments:
Post a Comment