8.13.2003

Queer Eye Recap
"He's just a bad after school special."--Thom

Is it just me, or is Thom getting snarkier and snarkier during the end segments?

And is it just me, or is Kyan always the one being subjected to the Straight Guy's homophobia? Last week, Vince was remarking how he'd get a black eye if he ever suggested a salon outing. This week, Andrew was being a bit squicky during the manicure. Actually, he was being kind of squicky throughout, which surprised me since he works on the show. You'd think he'd be just a little more open-minded.

"We could be manicure buddies...Building bridges, one manicure at a time"--Kyan. I want a manicure buddy!

What was up with the porn?

"You guys I found a book about gay people! The rainbow goblins!"--Jai

Loved the West Elm stuff and the patio revamp. His old couch is actually my current couch. I was a bit miffed that they hated it.

I've always pronounced it, "Die-anna," but ok, I can accept "Dee-anna." She was cute and likeable. I liked how she was so complimentary towards Andrew, and not just all caught up in the apartment.

"Make like the fifties and--flambe!"--Ted

This show just makes me happy. Each episode I watch just cements my love for the Fab 5 even more. Ted's dry wit just has me rolling on the ground during every episode. And Carson was just priceless when he was coaching Andrew on how to put contacts in. This is the perfect treadmill show--watching it while on my treadmill makes the dreaded exercise a lot easier to take.

"Hugs, not drugs."--Carson

No comments: