Right. I was supposed to blog more regularly about my training, and perhaps spur myself both to blog more regularly and actually stick to a training schedule.
So how's that going you ask?
Not badly. I've been following the schedule, I would say 80% of the time. Things like work travel, lack of sleep, and the horrific weather we've had haven't helped, but most of the time I am getting my workouts in. The tempo and speekwork runs are the ones causing me the most trouble. I've shortened my speedwork intervals so that I do 800s with a 400 recovery. I do complete the total as listed in the schedule, just broken up a bit more. It is usually done on a treadmill.
I've added hills to almost all of my outside runs. I am planning to run the Four Courts Four which I ran last year. It is downhill going out, and uphill coming back...and that hill sucks. My goal is to beat my sad time from last year by 6, hopefully 8 minutes.
2 comments:
I'll be doing the Four Courts Four too (I can't pass up a race that's within walking distance of my house!)...and yeah, that hill really sucks. I don't have a time goal, just to finish. Hopefully I'll see you there! (how on earth did you recognize me so fast at the LTRYW race, by the way? I'm so impressed!)
Funny you mention that--my friend Emily said the same thing. She was like, wait, did you just say hi to someone? You could see them?
I think I was looking for every and any reason to take my mind off the actual running.
Post a Comment