Last year I ran both half-marathons on little training. I don't say that to brag, it was the truth. I did long runs on weekends, but during the week my running workouts were kind of haphazard. Some weeks I would 3 days, other weeks just 1 day on top of the weekend long run. I did weight train 2x/week. But I didn't do any tempo or speed work...I kind of went in without a real plan. And that was fine for what I wanted to do last year.
This year I want to do things differently, so I churned out a plan via the Runners World Smart Coach feature. My plan is here. I will probably make a few tweaks--the easy run place is a bit slower than my usual, yet the tempo scares me a little. I plan to break up the speedwork, rather than 1600 repeats, I will start out with 800 repeats (with a 400 break).
No comments:
Post a Comment