2.02.2005

Since the new year, I've been really fixated on simplifying our lives. I'm not talking about quitting our jobs and living on a farm in Vermont, or anything. Basically, I think all of our clutter is driving me to distraction. We just have SO. MUCH. RANDOM. STUFF. Put my collector's mindset together with my sentimental packrat side, and that's what you get.

Some of the things in our apartment now include...

1. My high school English notebook from 11th grade.

2. Old magazines, including a stash of Sassy and some random People and Vanity Fair's--most of them with some sort of memorial or comemorative theme.

3. Current (I mean w/in the last year or so) magazines and catalogs--probably 100 issues, at least.

4. These teeny tiny picture frames with quotes from Winnie the Pooh in them--I bought these when I was in London in 1996.

5. Clothes that were gifted to me that I probably won't ever wear.

6. A random collection of Kinder Surprise toys.


No comments: