5.10.2004

Long Time No Post
My sister reminded me this weekend that I haven't updated my blog in a while. I've been busy with random things like finishing up the semester so that I can graduate, work, our beautiful new yellow sofa and ottoman and armchair, training to run, watching various season finales, and getting ready for the 'rentals to visit.

Now that I am officially done and never have to go to school again, I am doing what I love to do the most--read for fun.

I just finished reading Candyfreak, a hilarious and really touching book about the independent candy industry. I really loved the author's tone--he's like a less outrageous David Sedaris, and a funnier Dave Eggers. The book is really cute--it even *looks* like a candy bar!

I am conflicted as to whether or not I want to read the new book on Alexander Hamilton. He is one of my favorite Founding Fathers, just because of the whole duel with Aaron Burr, and because some say he was quite the looker. But apparantly the book is a bit too positive and doesn't really present the whole picture.

For book club we are reading The Birth of Venus, which is okay so far--it's been slightly predictable, plot-wise, but it does a nice job talking about Florence during the Medici/post-Medici era. I love reading about the Medicis. Next month we are to read Three Junes, which I will probably start on the plane when I go to CA for KT's Big Day.

In June, the new David Sedaris will come out, and I will be stalking him at all his appearances in my area.

No comments: